AGV helmets are the result of over 60 years of hard work in finding the best solution in terms of safety and design.
AGV - LEGENDARY HELMETS
TRUE MILESTONES IN THE HISTORY OF MOTORCYCLE HELMETS
Since the beginning AGVâ€™s history has been directly linked to many of riders who have made motorcycle history: Giacomo Agostini, Barry Sheene, Kenny Roberts, Johnny Cecotto, Angel Nieto, Marco Lucchinelli, Franco Uncini, Fausto Gresini, Niki Lauda, Emerson Fittipaldi, Randy Mamola, and Luca Cadalora. These co-operations have brought many victories to AGV and over 130 World Championship Titles, in addition to the definitive establishment of the AGV brand name on a global scale.
- 1946 AGV (Amisano Gino) began as a manufacturer of leather seats and bicycle saddles in Valenza, Italy.
- 1948 AGV enters into the world of motorcycle helmets; an important step which gained, since the beginning, unprecedented commercial success together with the chance of being part of sport competitions.
- 1949 The first open-face helmet with a leather shell was developed and produced.
- 1953 The first fiberglass vulcanized helmets were introduced into the market.
- 1954 AGV produces the first 100% fiberglass open-face helmet. A few years later, by taking advantage of the experience acquired in creating a special helmet to run the flying start kilometer on skis, AGV develops the first fiberglass full-face helmet.
- 1977 AGV, which has always been investing to reach the highest safety standards, decides to commit itself to the â€śClinica Mobileâ€ť project by sustaining all costs for the first structure. The "Clinica Mobile" is a facility that provides emergency care to riders that have suffered injuries during races. This partnership is still alive today.
- 1985 Nelson Piquet takes part in the Formula 1 World Championship wearing a brand new Kevlar/Dupont fiberglass full-face AGV helmet.
- 1988 AGV completes its range of products with the acquisition of MDS, a brand that in the very short time emerged by virtue of its versatility and gained important World Titles in off-road championships with talented riders such as Pekka Vehkonen and Dave Thorpe.
- 1995 Valentino Rossi starts his outstanding professional career wearing an AGV helmet. Together with AGV Valentino began his dominant reign which has won 7 World Championships Titles.
- 2002 AGV becomes part of an important Belgian Multi-national Group which already owned the LAZER brand. The IMAG Group together with AGV, MDS, and LAZER is now the 4th worldwide producer within the sport helmets market.
- 2007 AGV merges with Dainese thus merging two of the biggest legends in motorcycle protective gear.